- Close proximity to major North American and Latin American financial centres
- Within 50 miles of the world’s largest economy
- Same time zone as New York and Toronto (EST)
- Peaceful and stable democracy since 1729
- Independent nation with compliant legislation and consultative legislative approach
- No local taxes on capital gains, inheritance, corporate and personal income, dividends and interest.
- Proactive incentives for investment.
- Highly trained industry professionals and an English-speaking
- Essential public services and modern
- Ideal climate and lifestyle with many islands and cays to explore.
Numbers of Note
- There are around 270 banks and trust companies licensed in The Bahamas, including subsidiaries of institutions originating from 21 countries, such as Switzerland, Canada, Brazil, Spain, the United Kingdom and the Unites
- These institutions have combined balance assets of more than $300 billion and $1 trillion in assets under administration, according to The Central Bank of The
- There are approximately 4,700 people employed in the banking and trust sector
- More than 930 lawyers belong to the Bahamas Bar
- More than 280 chartered accountants belong to the Bahamas Institute of Chartered Accountants.
“There is no better place in the world to do business…
Location, climate, beaches and more… Much, much, more.
The Bahamas is Tax-Neutral. In the Bahamas, no taxes are levied on personal income, capital gains, corporate earnings, inheritance or dividends, providing broad options for investing and accumulating wealth and profits.
A First-Class Financial Services Center. The Bahamas is recognized worldwide as an elite financial services jurisdiction, having established one of the world’s first financial services jurisdiction, having established one of the world’s first financial services sector in the 1930’s. Many of the top 100 banks operate in the Bahamas.
Political Stability. Located just 50 miles off Florida’s coast, the Bahamas has enjoyed uninterrupted parliamentary democracy for over 270 years, making it one of the most stable countries in the world for direct foreign investment, international business and financial transactions.
Asset Protection. Recently named by The Banker magazine as the world’s top world financial center, the Bahamas is the perfect offshore environment for protecting your hard-earned assets and obtaining financial privacy.